- Associate professor Magnus Hellström, University of Agder
- Course: IND514-G Project Business and Governance (part of a two year master program in industrial management and economics)
- Stage of study: 2nd year of a master’s program
- Number of students: 30
- Teaching mode: online
How it was used
- The game was played in groups of 3-5 students in three rounds (a 10-20 minutes) with a short introduction before and a short reflective session after each round.
- No preparations were required from the students, but they were advised to read an article on managing information flows in a project.
Comments and experiences
Student comment: In the lectures, we learned about concurrent engineering and through the project game we were able to experience the benefit of utilizing concurrent engineering and fast-tracking in through practical simulation of a realistic situation. The results of the game got better for each round and so did of understanding of the phenomenon.